Thanks to 2k’s new technology, this year’s edition of ‘NBA 2K21′ revamps its shooting mechanism to a whole new level. While some people may find it harder to shoot a 3-pointer from a distance, it brings a brand-new challenge and experience to those who love it.
The shooting system in NBA 2K21 revolves more around shooting styles, with an emphasis on how individual players actually play the ball. Different styles present different boosts to a player’s shot percentage based on how tricky their shooting method is. Read on below for some tips on how to master this almost arcane system.
How to shoot perfect jumpers in current-gen NBA 2K21?
“For jumpers, hold RS down to start a shot. While still holding, adjust the aim by moving RS slightly left or right till the tick is centered in the meter. You can also tap LT/L2 or RT/R2 to lock the aim and time the shot for an additional boost.” revealed Wang.
Shoot Like a Pro
If you opt to use the Pro Stick aiming options and turn it on by default, you may need some time to polish your shooting skill and get used to the mechanism.
Here are some tips that may come in handy:
- Pull the Right Stick down.
- Once pulled back, nudge it left or right, depending on your shooting angles. Keep your hands as steady as ever.
- Focus on your aim, and that’s it. The AI works out the rest automatically.
- If you time your shot correctly, you will get a more significant boost, which helps you put one in the net.
- Keep practicing. There is a training facility in ‘2K21′ that you can use to help you polish your shooting before jumping into real matches.
Be More Consistent
The last tip we have is to be more consistent. Sure, it is hard to get the AI to consistently respond to your shot the way you intend it to be, but it’s doable.
- First, always aim for the Hot Zones (Blue Areas). You will get a better boost if you shoot from there. Each player has their own comfortable Blue Zones. Try to note them.
- If you play MyCareer, focus on getting Shooting badges to increase your ability without messing with the stats.
- If you feel frustrated, it’s okay to alter the settings a little bit. You may turn off the Shot Meter and go with the default Square/X shooting. Less accurate, but if that’s how you play, so be it!
NBA 2K21 – How to make your shots more consistent
Many players have had a lot of trouble making their attempts at the net more consistent this year. Whether you’re using Pro Stick or going for the points via another method, it’s hard to get the game to consistently respond in the way you want it to. Here’s a few things to keep in mind to keep the game fun (and not frustrating).
- Aim for the Blue Areas (Hot Zones) of the court: from here, your player is going to get a better boost. Practice with your favourite players and figure out where their Blue Zones are and commit them to memory.
- Don’t be afraid to alter the settings – turn off the Shot Meter – and go back to shooting with Square/X. It may be less accurate, but more consistent for how you play.
- MyCareer players, focus on Shooting badges – these increase your Shooting ability without messing with stats.
- You can disable shot timing and instead make the game calculate shot chance based on the player’s real-time stats.
The best advice we can give is to head to the in-game gym with a knockdown shooter like Steph Curry and try both methods. I will say that the new aiming technique may be better if you’re playing in the Neighbourhood as it takes any kind of lag out of the equation.
That’s everything you need to know about how you can make a perfect shot in NBA 2K21. For more tips and tricks on the game, be sure to check out our guide or search nba 2k21 mt.